On the Menu Today~
Bacon and Cheese Quiche
Quiche is a favorite, for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner~
Bacon and Egg Quiche
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup half and half
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices thick bacon, crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese,
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Unroll crust and place in ungreased 9-inch pie plate. (glass recommended) Press crust firmly against sides and bottom of pie plate. Fold extra crust in and press together to form a fluted crust. Bake crust for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Set aside.
- Lower heat to 350°
- Make filling:
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, and seasonings. Set aside. Place crumbled bacon in baked pie shell. Sprinkle cheese over bacon. Pour egg mixture over cheese and bacon.
- To avoid excess browning of crust, cover edge of crust with a strip of foil and remove foil during last 10 minutes of baking.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.