Sweet n' Spicy Cucumber Pickles
I make these yummy cucumber pickles every year for my family.
They are sweet, spicy and tasty.
Cucumber pickles are a family favorite and
are perfect to bring to tail-gating parties and picnics.
Sweet n Spicy Cucumber Pickles
- 8 medium cucumbers
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pickled sliced jalapenos (from a jar)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons pickling spice
- Thinly slice cucumbers.
- In a large glass container with a tight fitting lid, layer cucumber slices, minced garlic, jalapeno slices, red pepper flakes, salt, cayenne pepper and pickling spice.
- Stir together vinegar, sugar, water and hot sauce. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture in glass container. Cover with lid.
- Store in refrigerator for 48 hours