Name of Recipe: Pineapple Pork Spring Rolls~
Recipe from: Tara's Multicultural Table
This month I was assigned a wonderful blog called Tara's Multicultural Table. Tara's blog is fantastic and her blog has recipes from all over the world. Tara is a stay at home mom, and she lives in Florida's panhandle with her husband and small son.
Tara's recipe for Pineapple Spring Rolls was Fantastic!!
Thanks Tara for a wonderful recipe~
Pineapple, Pork, Spring Rolls
Pineapple Pork Spring Rolls~
- 2 T oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 T grated fresh ginger
- lb. ground pork
- 2 Thai chili peppers
- 2 limes
- 2 T fish sauce
- 6 T sugar
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cubed, (20 oz can pineapple chunks drained and diced)
- 2 small bunches fresh spinach (9 oz bag spinach)
- *15 egg roll wrappers
- In a wok or large skillet, drizzle oil over high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Fry just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the pork and cook, stirring often, until pork is heated through
- Stir in the chilies, cook for a minute, then add lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
- Cook until most all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the pineapple pieces and spinach.
- Cook until heated through and leaves begin to wilt, taste for seasoning.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the pork/pineapple mixture is almost room temperature, fill a large pan with hot water.
- Submerge a rice paper in the water until softened, 5-10 seconds, lift to remove excess water and place on work surface.
- Put 1-2 T filling in center.
Top with a few cilantro leaves, fold the sides of your rice paper over fillings.
Serve with Chili Dipping Sauce
*Egg Roll Wrappers:
- Spoon 2-3 T of pork mixture on the bottom third of one egg roll wrapper, fold sides toward center and roll tightly.
- Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
- Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool slightly.