The Great Food Blogger
Cookie Swap 2013
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in peppermint candy. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended. Mixture will be stiff. Divide dough in half.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, roll each portion into a 12-inch x 2-1/2 inch rectangle. Bake at 350º for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to a wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over biscotti and sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Place on wax paper until set. Store in airtight container.