Stuffed Chicken Rolls in
We have been making this recipe for as long as I can remember.
This recipe was found in a Taste of Home magazine many years ago and
we have been making it ever since.
It's one of our "go to" chicken recipes.
Chicken breasts stuffed with ham and cheese
then cooked in a delicious sauce.
An easy and delicious version of
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Stuffed Chicken Rolls in a Slow Cooker
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 cup paprika and pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Flatten chicken breast halves to 1/8-in. thickness. Top each half with one ham slice and one cheese slice. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides.
- In large skillet, brown the chicken in oil over medium high heat.
- Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine soup, broth, onion and garlic. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove toothpicks and serve with cooked rice.
*I like to use slices of Black Forest Ham.