On the Menu Today~
How to make a
Making a Bacon Rose is fast, easy and fun.
Your kids will have so much fun helping you make these.
They add a nice whimsical touch to soups, salads and
well, just about anything.
After all, it is bacon.
If you really want to be naughty,
dip the bacon rose in melted chocolate....ooh la la
Kitchen Tip: How to make a Bacon Rose
What you will need:
- 2 slices of thick bacon, per rose
- wooded toothpicks
- paper towels
1. Thick slices of bacon~
2. Put together 2 slices of bacon~
3. Roll up~
4. Secure with toothpicks~
5. Make sure to use wooden toothpicks in the microwave~
6. Set the bacon rose upright~
7. Wrap in a dampened paper towel, set on another piece of paper towel,
8. Microwave on high 1-2 minutes
9. Carefully remove form microwave, remove paper towels and remove toothpicks~
For Chocolate Bacon Rose:
- 1-12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate in microwave in a medium shallow bowl until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth. Dip half of the bacon rose into the melted chocolate, place on a wire rack.
- When chocolate is harden, bacon rose is ready to eat.