Marbled brownies are a
fudge-like brownie with
a cream cheese layer.
- 1 (4 oz) package German sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave or in a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Set aside
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add the sugar, beating until thick and pale yellow.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add the egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the vanilla extract and reserved melted chocolate. Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, flour and vanilla; mix well. Pour over the batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter over filling, with a knife cut through batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 325º for 35 to 40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Keep brownies in the refrigerate.