On the Menu Today~
Try This Wonderful Mixed Berry Pie~
It's a Real Firecracker~
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- Preheat oven to 425º
- In a large bowl combine sugar and flour. Add the raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, rhubarb and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Place one pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against sides and bottom. Spoon filling into crust lined pie plate.Top with second crust. Wrap excessive top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together with tines of fork to seal. Cut 4 slits in top crust. Brush top crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Cover edges of crust with a 2 or 3 inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning. Remove foil after 20 minutes of baking.
- Bake at 425º for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.