On the Menu Today~
Taco Salad in a
Taco Salad in a Taco Shell
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup salsa, (hot, medium or mild)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chopped tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (9 oz) package Spanish rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, soften
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 package large size burrito shells
- 9 oz classic lettuce salad mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional ingredients: chopped red onion, tomatoes
- sliced black olives, sour cream, guacamole and cilantro
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, drain off fat. Stir in drained and rinsed black beans, salsa, envelope taco seasoning mix, water, and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in cooked rice. Stir in cream cheese. Cook until bubbly, 15 minutes.
- Spray tortilla bowl molds with cooking spray. Line bowl molds with tortilla shells. Place in a 350º degree oven and bake until crispy, about 10 minutes. Turn shells out onto a wire rack to cool.
- When ready to serve,
- Place a small amount of lettuce in bottom of baked shell, top with meat mixture, more lettuce, top with shredded cheese and any additional ingredients of your choice.
- Serve with salad dressing of your choice.
Taco , Salad