On the Menu Today~
Mixed Fruit Pie~
Made with six different fruits~
*Note to self: Make again and take better picture....
Mixed Fruit Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- dash salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a small bowl combine sugar, cornstarch, allspice and dash of salt.
- In a large bowl combine all fruit. Add sugar mixture and lemon juice. Mix together lightly.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with bottom crust, trim pastry even with edge of pie plate. Pour fruit mixture into pastry lined pie plate. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350º Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack.
Recipe for double crust pie: Crisco