Mint Sugar Cookies dipped in
Mint Sugar Cookies Dipped in Chocolate are Delicious~
Mint Sugar Cookies Dipped in Chocolate
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- drops of green food coloring
- 1 cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy, beat in the egg and extract. Add flour and salt; mix well. Divide dough; place 3/4 dough in a medium bowl, place 1/4 dough in a small bowl, tint 3/4 batter with green food coloring, mix well. Cover and chill both bowls for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle
- On a lightly floured surface, mix the tinted and plain dough together to make a swirl effect when dough is rolled to 1/4 inch thickness, cut with a floured round 2 inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375º for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks, cool cookies.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave on high for 40 seconds or until melted, stir.
- Dip one side of cookie in melted chocolate, sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Place on wire rack until chocolate is set.
Green colored sugar~
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 or 3 drops green food coloring or color of your choice
- Place sugar in a small bowl, add food coloring, one drop at a time mixing well after each addition, until you reach desired color.