Chocolate Mint Brownies with Créme de Menthe Frosting~
- 3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 2/3 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint m & m's, plus extra for garnish
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 350º
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; Stir in 1/3 cup melted butter. Add water; Stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 cup melted butter. Stir until smooth. Add flour, extract and salt; stir until well blended. Stir in chips, m & m's, pecans and chocolate topping. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350º for 35-45 mins or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Cool pan on wire rack. When cool; frost with créme de menthe frosting and garnish with chopped m & m's.
Créme de menthe Frosting
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup green creme de menthe liqueur
- 1/4 cup milk, or what is needed
- Cream together all ingredients; Mixture should be smooth and spreadable.
- Spread on cool brownies. Garnish with chopped m & m's.
Note: for a non-alcoholic version, use peppermint extract until you reach desired peppermint flavor.