On the Menu Today~
Tangerine Apricot Poppyseed Scones with
It's Citrus Time!!
There is nothing better than eating a big, juicy orange...
while the snow is falling outside!
During the Holiday season,
we tend to over indulge in candy,
cookies, chips and dips.
We forget about all the lovely citrus fruits that abound this time of year.
Next time your at the grocery store,
pick up a bag of oranges, tangerines, grapefruit and
place a big bowl of citrus fruit on your Holiday Table!
Tangerine Apricot Poppyseed Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerines zest
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Greek-style vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed tangerines juice
- In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, allspice, baking soda, salt and poppy seeds. Add butter, cut in using a pastry blender. Stir in tangerine zest and chopped apricots.
- In a small bowl combine cream, yogurt, egg and tangerine juice. Add to dry ingredients. Blend well. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 times. Pat dough into a 9 inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Place scones on a wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle with Tangerine Glaze.
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerine zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed tangerine juice
- Whisk together all glaze ingredients, drizzle over warm scones.