Today, I am going to share a delicious recipe for:
"In the 80's, Poolside Bean Dip"
In the 1980's,
my sister had an in-ground pool in her back yard.
Our kids were a few years apart and
since neither one of us worked summers,
we spent many hot summer afternoons swimming and
enjoying our summer vacations.
My sister made a delicious caramel apple dip and
I made this bean dip.....
This bean dip recipe originally came from a friend of my sister.
- 2 (16 oz) cans refried beans
- 1 (16 oz) bottle picante' sauce (hot or mild)
- 16 ounces shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- Place all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.