On the Menu Today
Oven Beef Stew~
When the weather turns cold,
I reach for this recipe.
Served with thick slices of buttered bread and
a glass of red wine....
you'll have a delicious meal,
everyone will love~
This has to be one of my favorite recipes here
on Turnips 2 Tangerines.
The aroma coming from the kitchen
while this stew is cooking,
will make your mouth water.
Classic Oven Beef Stew
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, with leafy tops, chopped
- 8 ounce package whole mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 large carrots, peeled, sliced on an angle
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 to 4 pounds Chuck, English or Sirloin Roast, cut into medium chunks
- 1/4 cup molasses
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 bay leaves
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups red wine or apple juice
- In a large roasting pan, mix together all ingredients.
- Cover pan tightly with heavy-duty tin foil.
- Place in a 325º degree oven.
- Bake for 4 to 6 hours.
Serve with buttered French Bread.