Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Scones with
Cream Cheese Frosting~
The Perfect blend of Fall Flavors~
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl combine egg, apple juice, milk and pumpkin. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Stir together. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Turn dough onto well floured surface. Knead 5 to 10 times. Pat dough onto a 10 inch circle. Cut dough into 10 wedges. Place wedges on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake scones for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz) package powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, add one tablespoon at a time
- Cream together butter and cream cheese, add vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Beat until creamy. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until creamy. Frost scones.
Scones, Spice, Chocolate , Pumpkin,