On the Menu Today~
Motts Morning Glory Bread
I found this recipe years ago on the back of a jar of Motts Applesauce.
It is loaded with chunky applesauce, shredded carrots, dried cranberries,
crushed pineapple and shredded coconut.
Moist and delicious!
Muffins would be fantastic too.
Breakfast made easy~
Morning Glory Bread
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground: nutmeg, allspice, and cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375º Grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and cinnamon.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, egg whites, oil, and molasses.
- Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in carrots, cranberries, pineapple and coconut. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack, turn right side up. Cool completely.
Mott's Apple Sauce