On the Menu Today~
Lemon Cream Pomegranate Scones
Lemon Cream Pomegranate Scones with Lemon Glaze
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cold and cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (available in the produce section)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in lemon zest.
- Combine egg, lemon juice, pomegranate juice and cream. Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Lightly fold in pomegranate seeds.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, knead 5 to 10 times. Pat into a 10 inch circle. Cut into 10 wedges. Place wedges on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle with lemon glaze.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In small bowl combine ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over scones.
Scones, Lemon, Cream Pomegranate,