Espresso 'n Cream Oatmeal Scones with Coffee Icing
These delicious scones have a wonderful warm and mild coffee flavor....
The coffee icing adds just the right amount of sweetness.
Drizzled with coffee icing and
then topped with chopped,
chocolate covered espresso beans....
Espresso n Cream Oatmeal Scones
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup espresso or coffee, cooled
- 1/3 cup chocolate covered espresso beans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside
- In medium bowl stir together flour, rolled oats, packed brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice
- Cut in cold, cubed butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
- In small bowl, combine beaten egg, cream and cooled espresso or coffee
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stir together
- Stir in chopped, chocolate covered espresso beans
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead lightly 8 to 10 times
- Pat into a 10 to 12 inch circle. Cut into 10 wedges
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool
Scones, Espresso, Icing, Coffee