Strawberry-Banana Jell-o Salad
My sister Barb gave me this recipe,
in a recipe booklet she made for me
when I first got married.....many years ago....
I have been making it ever since.
We enjoy making this salad for Easter and
then throughout the summer months.
Now that I think about it....
we like this salad at Thanksgiving and
during the Christmas holidays too.
Strawberry Banana Jello
- 1 (6 oz) package strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (about 3 medium) mashed firm banana's
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in strawberries, pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour half the mixture into a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Set remaining gelatin mixture aside.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Spread over chilled gelatin.
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top.
- Chill overnight. Strawberry, Pineapple, Jello, Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving